The College of Engineering’s weekly update aims to provide transparent and frequent information about how the College is operating, adapting and caring for its community. Updated information can always be found at the College’s COVID website. Questions and feedback can be submitted here.
Dean Gallimore is hosting two next week. Hear updates surrounding the plans for returning to on-campus operations, followed by a Q&A session.
Staff RSVP: Wednesday, August, 26, 2020, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Register by Friday, August 21
Faculty RSVP: Friday, August 28, 2020, from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Register by Tuesday, August 25
U-M Policy: With very limited exceptions, all faculty, staff, students and visitors are required to wear a face covering over their mouth and nose anywhere on campus – inside buildings, outdoors and on U-M transportation. If you see someone not wearing a mask, you have options for choosing to address the situation:
- Politely remind them to wear one
- If they don’t have one, offer to help them find one. Classrooms and offices should have spares.
- If they refuse, you may choose to leave the area and report the incident. NO ONE IS EXPECTED TO WORK OR LEARN IN AN UNSAFE SITUATION.
- If you’re not comfortable confronting noncompliance, please remove yourself from the situation and report the incident.
Non-compliance can be reported to your supervisor, an advisor or leader in your academic department or to the Office of Student Affairs. Employees and students who repeatedly do not wear a mask and have not been granted a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be subject to the University’s misconduct and disciplinary policy or the Office of Student Conflict Resolution.
FOOD – NORTH CAMPUS
All retail cafes and markets will reopen on August 31 for the fall semester. Keep an eye on hours of operation.
- Download the GET mobile app for contactless entry and mobile ordering
- View the MDining Hungry on North Campus flier.
Tomorrow (8.21) the University is installing four large canopies for the North Campus community to maximize outdoor spaces for academics and community.
- 3 @ 40 X 120ft
- 1 @ 40 x 60ft
- Include flooring & seating
- Starting as non-reservable
CLASSROOM READINESS CHECKLIST
Created by the College of Engineering COVID Action Teams to help ensure a safe teaching and learning environment.
- U-M’s COVID dashboard – Testing |Cases and Percent Positivity
- Classroom layout videos – what to expect from a faculty & student perspective when they walk in a room.