Last Updated: August 27, 2020
The U-M Office of Research has authorized faculty to bring newly appointed graduate students and sponsored affiliates under current contractual obligations into labs.
This change allows labs to onboard students who recently joined the group as well as affiliates who are under contract.
The following people are authorized to use the labs:
- Researchers already authorized through the summer ramp-up process
- Returning graduate students and postdocs who have been part of the lab team in previous terms
- Seniors who already have experience working with the same research team
- Newly hired graduate students and / or postdocs
- Sponsored affiliates who require access to the labs to fulfill contracted research
Ongoing Occupancy Requirements
- Lab capacity per the COVID guidelines and the lab standard operating procedure can accommodate additional personnel using the shifts currently established.
- Faculty must follow the established process for adding personnel.
- They must work with their Unit Administrators
- Unit Administrators will work with the ADR team to finalize personnel additions
For more information about building access, see Facilities.