Reporting COVID Cases

All safety protocols designed for the management of presumptive and positive COVID cases will be strictly adhered to. Please refer to the EHS Exposure and Testing Self-Guidance document (pdf).

All employees who are diagnosed with, or suspect they might have, COVID-19 need to contact the Occupational Health Services hotline by calling 734-764-8021 and stay at home unless they require medical attention. Further guidance can be found on the University HR Website under Health and Safety Information for Departments and Managers.

If you are sick due to COVID and cannot work, please utilize the University’s COVID Time/Leave options. Instructions can be found in this presentation from the College’s HR department, or on the University’s HR website.

On-Site Staffing

The College is using its Principles for Returning Staff to Campus to guide on-site staffing decisions. We’ll ensure that all faculty, staff, and students continue to receive the level of support needed to preserve our excellence and reputation and will do so with maximum flexibility, working to minimize the number of personnel reporting to campus on any given day in order to keep our on-campus density low. In most cases, staff who can work fully remote can continue to do so for the fall term. 

Each department has created a re-entry plan to determine which staff will need to have a presence on campus when students return this fall. Alternate, remote customer service arrangements have been made to ensure faculty, staff, and students receive high quality customer service.

High Risk & Caregivers

The University has created new guidelines to assist in cases where members of the university community or household members are at high risk, or to accommodate childcare needs. In these cases, there are several options, which can be found in this presentation from the College’s HR department.

If you are required to return to on-site work and have a high risk or potentially high risk condition(s), you should use the COVID-19 Temporary Accommodations Request form to begin the process of requesting an accommodation.

If you find that you are in a situation that requires special assistance, please reach out to the College’s Human Resources department for guidance.

University Resources

HR & Timekeeping

the cube sculpture on central campus

U-M Human Resources

Testing & Reporting

person wearing a mask having temperature checked

Campus Maize & BluePrint