Free Mental Health Tools
SilverCloud is an online mental health tool available to all faculty, staff, and students at no cost. It offers self-guided programs for anxiety, depression, stress, resilience, or insomnia. Based on cognitive behavioral therapy principles, the self-guided program is available anytime, on any device.
Stay Home, Stay MIndful
Meditation and mindfulness can help reduce stress, increase compassion and decrease aggression. The State of Michigan and Headspace have partnered on website, StayHome, Stay MIndful that can help you build skills the skills to keep your head healthy.
Coping and Self-Care
If the novelty of working in your pajamas has worn off, here are some tips to help you stay connected and motivated while working remotely.
- Hold an online meeting with your entire staff or a subset of your group.
- Join Creative Conversations
- Volunteer for a Victory Garden project
- Set up one-on-one meetings.
- Thank someone for their efforts or kindness.
- Take advantage of Professional Development Sessions (Watch for Ruthie Freeman’s emails )
- Share resources (e.g. recipes, exercise ideas, campus support groups, etc.)
- Send a mass update to your Faculty/Staff/Students
- Have virtual social gatherings (e.g. Happy Hours)
- Start special projects
- Check on each other’s well-being.
Need some examples? See what other departments are doing.