Updated Sept. 15, 2020
Events/Gatherings and Travel
- All on-campus and off-campus, in person events are taking place in a virtual or hybrid medium.
- Inline with the current health regulations by Washtenaw County, all indoor gatherings are limited to 10 individuals or fewer and outdoor gatherings are limited to 25 individuals or fewer.
- College of Engineering classrooms are available to student organizations to reserve, via an approval process. All student org members must follow the CoE public health informed guidelines.
- International travel for all College of Engineering Student Orgs is cancelled through December 2020. All international travel for Winter and Spring/Summer is currently undecided.
- Domestic travel is strongly discouraged, including personal and organizational travel. Any domestic travel outside of Michigan or that would require an overnight is not allowed by CoE student orgs.
- All student organization University Vehicle rentals have been cancelled for Fall 2020.
- Official University travel policies another frequently asked questions can be found on the University’s COVID-19 site.
• Registration is now complete for the 2020-2021 academic year. If you did not register your organization with the University or with the College of Engineering, please reach out to Mariah Fiumara at firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
Student Org Spaces and Continuation
Student Organizations are encouraged to continue operating, but must do so within the COVID-19 guidelines. Student organizations are a critical resource in ensuring that students feel like they are still part of a community. The Office of Student Affairs is available to meet with you to discuss any challenges your org may be facing, help you put together a safety plan for your activities, and develop strategies to keep your communities connected. If you feel that you cannot complete your student org work within the COVID guidelines, please reach out to Mariah Fiuamara at email@example.com to discuss what resources that we can provide to make this possible.
Will College/University resources (OSA, CCI, funding, etc.) be available for student organizations to execute planned initiatives?
If the initiative fits within the COVID-19 guidelines of the time then we would be happy to provide any support we can. Student organization support, resources, and advising remain available to you through OSA, CCI, and SOAS. Please reach out to Mariah Fiumara at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting or with any questions you may have.
The College has also compiled a list of various online resources that can help student orgs continue to work virtually during this time. Please visit the Student Org website or request access to our Canvas site to explore these resources.
At this time, student org funding is still available for CoE affiliated organizations for the coming year and can be accessed at our website.