The College of Engineering’s weekly update aims to provide transparent and frequent information about how the College is operating, adapting and caring for its community. Updated information can always be found at the College’s COVID website. Questions and feedback can be submitted here.
PARENTS JUGGLING KIDS’ K-12 OPTIONS
Ann Arbor Public Schools will be fully virtual in the fall and many neighboring schools are still finalizing options. We know this fall is going to be a challenge for parents. The College will be as flexible as possible with schedules as we all figure this out together.
Please work closely with your supervisor to discuss your concerns. If you find you are in a situation that requires special assistance, please reach out to the College’s Human Resources department for guidance.
University Human Resources
INSTRUCTIONAL CONSULTATIONS & RECORDING STUDIO ACCESS
Instructors wishing to schedule access to lecture recording studios during the academic year can do so through Nexus.
- Schedule studios with this request form
- A Nexus team member will provide instructions and set up a consultation
If you need support planning your courses for online and hybrid delivery, please request an individualized instructional consultation.
- Alternate course planning strategies for online delivery.
- Best practices for teaching across modalities.
- Online exams and alternate assessment strategies.
- Tools for student engagement.
AN HOUR SPENT ON YOU
Join us next week (Thurs., Aug. 20, 3-4 p.m.) for “The Coach is In”
- Advice on arranging your at-home workspace to improve mental wellness and support your productivity.
- A discussion about maintaining a healthy frame of mind.
Please don’t forget your mask and:
- You will need your MCard to open doors.
- Being on campus and in buildings should be discussed with managers.
- You need to complete the ResponsiBLUE health screening each day.
College of Engineering Buildings
- Starting 8/17: Open 24/7 to all approved CoE faculty and staff plus previously approved researchers.
- Starting 8/24: Open 24/7 to all CoE student
- Starting 8/31: All other MCard holders
- M – F | 7am – 12am
- M – F | 7am-11pm
- Sat | 10am-11pm
- Sun | 11am-11pm
The Dude | TBD (stay tuned)
- M – Sat | 7am – 12am
- Sun | 9am – 12am
- Mon – Sat | 7am – 11pm
- Sun | 9am – 11pm
- Readiness checklists – all departments and units have been working to develop and review their preparations for the fall. We’ll publish checklists as available on the College COVID site for staff and faculty reference.
- Info about outdoor canopies coming to North and Central campus. Maximizing outdoor spaces for academics and community.
- Food – Take out options and delivery robots – Refraction AI will be working with U-M dining to deliver food this fall.